While the SAMi monitor works well for many people, here are things to consider.
- The SAMi monitor is only for monitoring during sleep. You need to have a place to mount the monitor in the bedroom pointed at the sleeping location.
- SAMi alarms on motion. The motion can be small and it does not need to be repetitive, but it must continue for at least 15 seconds. You can adjust the length of time before the alarm sounds, but if you set it shorter than about 15 seconds you will probably get more false alarms than you would like.
- If your child is a very restless sleeper or shares a bed, or if there is a family pet or service dog sleeping with the child, you may get lots of false alarms.
- SAMi has visible lights on the front. There is a bright power light which can be easily covered but there is also a ring of dim red lights that cannot be covered as they allow the camera to see in the dark. It is fine for most people but some children are bothered by this (and some like it!) Note that the lights do not flicker.
- SAMi requires a good quality WiFi network.
We want to be sure you have the best possible experience and that you get the best possible monitor for your needs. If you have any questions or concerns about the product please email us at email@example.com. If after using the monitor you determine it isn’t right for you please let us know and we'll take it back.